Photoshop...which one for creating images...

reefgeek84

Ok, Hopefully there are some people out there that do webdesign and can give me some insight on this...

I am wanting to make a website for my tank and just for fun (always wanted to try my hand at it)...Do I really need to get the cs2 version or can I go with an older version that is much cheaper for creating cool images (i.e. buttons, header pic, etc.)? It seems to me that the cs2 is really for digital photos...which is not my primary reason for having this software. I downloaded the trail version, but was hoping to be able to go with something else besides giving a lung away to pay for the cs2...

Any help and insight would be awesome.

dude if you need full version of CS2 let me know i will give it to u , but personally i like Macromedia Flash to make a websites i have that one too, or Front Page, Get yourself a templet from ammm like http://www.templatemonster.com/ and use one of those programs CS is kind of boring with not much of futures, but that's all depending on what exactly u want Flash? Full Page website...... ???? and the cheapest server i found was www.1and1.com recomended by PC magazine, " that's what i have too". so far no problem with them. anyway hope that helped.

Photoshop with Macromedia Dreamweaver combo should be good. I've heard people use a software called GIMP, it's free to download, just search for it in google. I think it's similar to photoshop.

Or if you want, go Flash like CCCP said...it may take awhile to understand the features and tools, but if you have time, go for it.