GBTA and Coral?

My carpet (which is supposed to have one of the worst stings) has been up against some Zoas and it didn't seem to effect them other than a few polyps closing until it moved away enough for them to open back up. My RBTA has been pretty close to the Monti's in my Nano tank with no problems there but since it was moving around at the time I moved any frags close to it anyway. My small hitch hiker RBTA was actually attached to the base of my Cabbage Leather when I got it. (It moved away from it a day later) From what I can tell the hard corals are probably hit harder by the anemone stings than the soft ones. Oh, they also don't seem to effect mushrooms either other than hiding them from the light. Due to their nature to move around from time to time I always keep a close eye on mine though. I've noticed they tend to stay in one spot more if a clown or porcelain crab is hosting as well.

I can't seem to find anything that kills xenia. I did have one of my anemones near some xenia but I don't recall if it ever touched it. I currently have a large xenia right next to a hydnophora (close enough the xenia touches it when it extends) and it hasn't killed it yet.

I have had RBTAs next to xenia with no problem. I have also had zoa/paly polyps with anemones with no issues.

Most of the soft corals should be able to coexist with anemones. Soft corals, for the most part, don't sting, so they don't elicit a retaliation from the anemone.

dsoz