The Grassi Growout!

Display tank: 14gal Biocube

Sump: nope

Refugium: built-in with modified chambers including live rock, cheato, chemi-pure, and filter floss (changed every couple days)

Gear: maxi jet 900, koralia nano, hydor flo, remora nano skimmer w/maxi jet 1200, auto top off

Livestock: two false perculas, rufus, yellow scroll, neon ora birdsnest, acan, 9 ricordea, 5 watermelon shrooms, killer suncoral, chalice, devil's hand, neon gsp, many zoas

Estimated total gallons to system: 14gal

Lighting: 70w 14k Sunpod

Time established: Since 10/2008

I picked up my frag from Rick on Wednesday and when I pulled it out of the bag, I found that one of the polyps fell off. I tried to reattach it, but it blew away somewhere in the tank. Then I left for the long weekend and when I came back today I found that my little frag rock broke in half and took two of my four polyps away... somewhere in my tank lol

I'll post a pic tomorrow of the frag when I first got him set up with his 4 little polyps. The two I have remaining are still babies, but starting to color up on the edges and don't look like they will be blowing away...

I was really torn about wanting a new frag (especially after seeing that others received full adult polyps), but I figure such is the luck of corals and fragging and I'm going to tough it out with the two kids and see how I do! ;)

We tried to get all the frags pretty similar but it was hard. One of the frags I have left from the fragging had 5 little one's now it has 6 little ones. Dont worry that one isn't part of the competition, it is on bigger rock with all the left over frags.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...