Display tank size/shape (72 bow, 60 cube, 120 4', 24 pod, ect...)

20 gallon tall

Sump yes/no (if yes approximate size)

Yes. ~15 gallons.

Refugium Yes/no (if yes is it a combo with the sump)

Yes in combination with the sump.

Estimated total gallons to system

~35 gallons

Lighting ( PC, vho, Halides, t-5, a mix)

175w 20K XM

Time established

About 5 months.

WAW!! This is really sad! seems like the mortality rate is way to high! Not saying anything abought the person/people who frages them, but maybe we should have a LFS get and frag the said corals for comp, or we should start at the bottom/easiest and work up, we should have a cheto growout comp!

we should have a cheto growout comp!

Yes!!!!.......Oh wait I can't grow that one. (cussing) How about hair, or bubble algae? I would kick some major butt in a bubble algae growing contest.(laugh):D

It is all good. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I even learned a few things from this, like dipping for zoapox and what medications to use. So it isn't all bad. Thanks guys!!!! Good luck to all.

Shane

I'd give you a run for your money on the bubble algae!!

I absolutley hate bubble algae. It is a never ending battle with that stuff. It looks like a$$ and nothing eats or kills it. I think my two mithrax crabs play kick ball with it and thats why it spreads so bad.

Yah i hate it too. I use a small rigid tube about the size of my pinky with some nylon tubing attached and suck out as much as i can each WC. Seems to work well, but then in the middle of the week i'm always putting my hands in there and pulling more out, which then pop and i'm back to square one.

I use a set of dental tools to scrape it of the rocks as gently as possible to avoid busting the bubbles and then hopefully I catch them as they float free. I need that dental sucking tool to suck up the bubbles as I scrape them off. That would help immensly.

You wouldn't want me any where near your teeth as the only drill I have is my corded Craftsman, and a set of rusty ole pliers, and no pain killers. Just ply you with really crappy whiskey and doing it old school.(scary)