Vote regarding grow out comp.

Vote regarding grow out comp.  

1. 1.

My only concern is that I've never had any success getting fresh frags to stay glued to anything....ever. I'd really prefer that they come on plugs since the point of this competition is to see how identical frags do in different systems.....not who has the most talent at mounting frags.

My only concern is that I've never had any success getting fresh frags to stay glued to anything....ever. I'd really prefer that they come on plugs since the point of this competition is to see how identical frags do in different systems.....not who has the most talent at mounting frags.

The way I'm looking at this is, the way we mount frags can be just as unique as the lighting, filtration, or any other thing we do to convince these corals to grow so honestly I do think it may have to do with who has the most talent at mounting.

Well, the competition frag is going in my display tank so, I dont think I would want it on any sort of plug for aesthetic purposes. Mounted on a small piece of rock (that could be standard) would work. But this may be easier to institute in future competitions.

Dennis

13 to 6 but I think the question was confusing. Should I repost or are we in agreement that no plugs are required for this round?

At least 4 or 5 of us voted yes but would have voted the opposite after we understood it better. I would say that once those votes are moved over that more people would rather have no plugs. Might be interesting just to see what everyone does just for the mounting.

At least 4 or 5 of us voted yes but would have voted the opposite after we understood it better. I would say that once those votes are moved over that more people would rather have no plugs. Might be interesting just to see what everyone does just for the mounting.

You have a point. There are ways to mount zoas too to get them to take off a little faster.