We have set a tentative date of July 1st to start the competition ending on October 1st. Please post in this thread if you are joining. Information for the entry fee's will be posted shortly and sent via PM, but I would like to get a list of competitors so I can get a count of how many polyps on the frags will be allowed for the competitors.(clap)

Good luck to all that enter. Remember this is all for fun and education, worst case senario you will get a frag worth your $10 ($15 to non PNWMAS members) and partake in this event. Best case.....well I am sure you can guess.

We will be starting with Alien Eye Zoa's. Every contestant will get a 5 polyp frag of these (generously donated by Garrettm85)(clap)

DSC03705.jpg

Polyp count will be posted as soon as we know how many contestants we have. For future contests cut off for sign up will be 1 week before competition starts. For this competition cut off for sign up's is June 27th

Prizes

will include Purple Death's, Alien Eye's Zoa's, 2xChalice frags to be announced, 4 Acan Frags and others to be announced before competition starts. Prizes have been generously donated by Lowman, Garrettm85, Reefboy, and Rose City Aquarium so far.

1st place:

13 Purple Death Polyps (Davy Jones Locker)

1x 6 head Acan Frag, Dark green and purple (Rose City Aquariums)

1 Strawberry Cyphastria (Rose City Aquariums)

1 TEC Boogeyman Chalice Frag (Totally Exotic Corals)

IMG_2335.jpg

2nd place:

8 Purple Death Polyps (Davy Jones Locker)

1x 5 head Acan Frag, light green and purple (Rose City Aquariums)

1 Green Cyphastria (Rose City Aquariums)

1 TEC Xmas Chalice Frag (Totally Exotic Corals)

IMG_2338-1.jpg

3rd place:

4 Purple Death Polyps (Davy Jones Locker)

1 Mystery coral red and blue (Rose City Aquariums)

1 Chalice Frag purple and blue(Rose City Aquariums)

more to be announced

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place get these.

0626091429.jpg

Simple rules to follow:

1. Must do a quick writeup of their system on the competition thread in the beginning. eg. size, flow, light, placement of the zoos, coral food, fish, etc

2. Must document the progress of the zoas on a weekly basis with photo's.

3. Must have access to a camera to show proof of their coral in 3 months and on updates.

4. No cheating. Cheaters will be banned from current and future competitions!!!

5. If there was a tie, you guys can split the prize. See guidelines for more information.

Not following the rules can cause you to be disqualified and sorry no money back.

Guidelines

1. Pieces used for grow out. As mentioned above there would be an issue with acclimation. Colonies will be purchased or donated from a store. No matter whether or not you already have some of what we are starting with you should have to use some from the same colony as everyone else involved.

2. Delivery of frag pieces. Contest frags will be ship the day before so everyone gets their pieces on the same day. All remaining pieces of the colony would be sold or offered as an addition to say the 3rd place prize. If sold the proceeds would be applied to prize pieces, colonies, and shipping, which will be addressed later.

3. Timespan of competition. The competition will run for 3 months. Allowing 2 weeks for acclimation and healing, then the competition runs for another 10 weeks. This will give EVERYONE the same advantage\disadvantage with acclimation and so on. Pictures will be required frequently for updates. Cheaters will be banned from current and future competitions, posting frequent pic's should discourage as all will be able to see and speak up if need be.

4. Shipping. If we have long distance competitors we could ship to a agreed upon individual and all those local to them can pick up from there.

5. Entry Fee. Entry fee will be $10 to PNWMAS members and $15 to non PNWMAS members. As stated before, the entry fee will pay for colonies and prize pieces. Any left over entry money and money from the sale of polyps not used in competition, to go right back into the next competitions pieces and colonies as this will only improve the quality and caliber of these pieces and the competition itself. A list of all involved will be posted on the thread for the grow out when it starts so all know who is involved and can get an idea of the money brought in so all is content with that as well. Honesty is going to be key all the way around in this competition. Entry is limited to 2 per household. Entry fee's should be sent via pay pal to b_coonrod@hotmail.com. Please include PNWMAS username, Full name, and address for corals to be shipped.

6. Picking grow out colonies. It is only fair to put it to a vote before each competition. That way the competitors can pick what we are starting with.

7. Sponsor interaction with the competition. If sponsors involved in the competition want to also participate with thier personal\home tanks that, that should be accepted. As most of you know several sponsors are also owners of personal tanks.

8. Determining winner. Winner should be based off polyp count. IF THERE IS A TIE, the contestants would split the prize and an extra or 2 may be thrown in. Same with second and third. Should there be a tie between more than 2 contestants, pictures will be posted (without names to prevent favoritism) for a vote, kind of like the pic of the month, based on development, color, and so on.

9. Prizes. Prizes may range from corals not necessarily related to the grow out pieces, could be monti's, chalices, acans, etc. As well as gift certificates, equipment, supplements, fish, inverts, and anything else reef related.

The goal of this competition covers a couple different paths. First, it will provide a variety of corals to all involved. Second, it will provide information regarding the best system configurations, feeding, what have you, to obtain maximum results in growth for the species used. Third, prizes....duh. Forth, to promote future members for the PNWMAS. Fifth, hopefully generate some more interest in our sponsors.

Overall this competition is all about fun, prizes, and bragging rights of course.:DIf there are modifications to start date a post will be made in this thread and a PM will be sent to contestants.

Contestants for the July competition are

01.CA2OR

02.Spectra

03.COReefer

04.BrokenZoa

05.Frank

06.DennisW

07.Twogirls

08.ClayTheSavageFraser

09.Markdadof2

10.Chief

11.Fishmanmike01

12.Dsoz

13.Vanz

14.Cannedmulder

15.Lancecobb1

16.Impur

17.TheJenChild

18.Wegotjs

19.Jay

20.Snowpunk

21.Beckie

22.CCR

23.Coralreefaquarist

24.Ryan

25.Rick

26.Downhill_biker

27.Undtkr_00

28.Grassi

29.USCG CWO

30.fpd4307

Green=Entry Confirmed

Orange=arrangement made

Red=entry not confirmed

if you have a red number after cut off date you WILL NOT be entered into the competition.

Well shoot for 10 bucks it might be worth it just for the fun(plotting) My tank is a disaster but hell alot of my zoas are growing (wish everything was) So count me in and let me know who and where to pay.

I am going over to Central Oregon on July 3rd to go camping for the holiday weekend with my family. I may be able to transport frags to those in C.O. to cut down the cost on shipping. I already made arrangements with COreefer to transport for him. Frags would need to be picked up at the campground we are staying at near Culver.

The down side is that they would get frags a couple days later. It would probably be worth it though.

Jon- I can pick up a frag for you when I get mine. That would save you the trouble. The same goes for anyone that is close to where I live.

dsoz