Sign in to follow this  
jasonv6974

whats the best to feed a recovering tang in QT?

Hey everyone, I have my orange shoulder in my 20 gal QT, hes been in for about a week and ive been treating him for the black spot disease tangs sometimes get. Anyways, hes looking a lot better, all the signs of it are gone, but I still cant get him to eat? any suggestions?

Thanks guys, ill try it out. Somethings gotta work, ive never had a sick fish before. Also how long would you leave him in QT? I was thinking at least until he starts back up eating? Nothing is in the tank now such as livestock accept 3 little chromis ive been watching and they havent shown any signs of black spot. Hes been in QT for 1 week, i was thinking at least 1 more? Thanks guys

Yeah leave him QT for a little while longer.

Hey do you have a piece of PVC pipe or something in the QT tank for the tang to hide in? Sometimes a fish won't eat if they aren't comfortable. A place to hide might just cause him to relax and then eat.

Live brine shrimp? Prey darting around really stimulates the appetite... I know *I* can't resist a Krispy Kreme that's trying to run away. Or, the really cunning ones that just play dead.

I have some rock and a pvc pipe in the QT so he can hide, ive tried brine because thats what he loved in the big tank, but now hes rejecting. I just did another water change tonight on him, hopefully that may calm him down. Seaweed is the next guess, he was pretty hesitant with the seaweed in the tank, almost as if he was scared of the clip haha. Well thanks for the imput. Gotta hope for the best.