Is there going to be a....

180Brandy

July 2009 PNWMAS Meeting

Sorry about the delay of meeting info getting posted. My wife is in the hospital again.

Meeting will be at the home of undrtkr_00

910 Pierce St,

Oregon City, OR 97045

Sunday, July 19th at 2:00 PM.

Dennis (dsoz) and Brian (undrtkr_00) will give a "hands on" tutorial for making live rock.

I will be posting more info and sending out Evites soon.

Confirmation sent. I'm sure John will get e-vites to you all soon... (plotting)

I am waiting until Monday to send out Evites.

LeRoy Headlee is discussing with Sally Jo about coming out here for the meeting on the 19th. Please check out the GARF website! http://www.garf.org/index_archive.html

He has many years of experience in making Aragocrete DIY Rock and propagating corals. If he can make it, he will probably bring frags to sell, or possibly trade.

I will keep everyone updated after I talk to him again on Monday!

That would be really cool LeRoy came out. I'd love to meet him.

Yeah, I feel that people don't give him enough credit for what he has done for the hobby. He really broke the ice about fragging corals for propagation. Back in the 1990's, most of us were too nervous about touching our corals too much, let alone chopping them to bits!(laugh)

+1 I read the whole GARF website too about chopping up corals. It inspired me to get back into the hobby after my failures in the 90s. All I could keep alive was hair algae. I could not even keep a rock covered with aptasia alive LOL. I don't even want to count the number of anemones that I slowly starved to death under 4x40w NO T12 fluorescent bulbs. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

Now I have a tank full of healthy corals and another one that I am filling full of anemones. Mostly because I learned from the GARF website, along with some others.

dsoz

+1 I read the whole GARF website too about chopping up corals. It inspired me to get back into the hobby after my failures in the 90s. All I could keep alive was hair algae. I could not even keep a rock covered with aptasia alive LOL. I don't even want to count the number of anemones that I slowly starved to death under 4x40w NO T12 fluorescent bulbs. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

Now I have a tank full of healthy corals and another one that I am filling full of anemones. Mostly because I learned from the GARF website, along with some others.

dsoz

Yep...me too. It was the awesome colorful pictures for their tanks that inspired me into the hobby. Their story about trying to keep xenia alive for the first time in hobby history was intresting.

Jay

I just got off the phone with LeRoy. They won't be able to make it to the July meeting.:(

LeRoy and Sally Jo do however occasionally make it out here to visit their grandkids, so a future visit should not be a problem!(rock2)

I'm obviously new to the meeting thing... what is the protocol for what to bring' date=' what to pay, and what not?[/quote']

Normally, most people just show up and hang out for a few hours. A few sometimes volunteer to bring stuff like chips or soft drinks. Usually no charge either.

This meeting will be a little different because it will be a DIY workshop. Part of the time will be spent making concrete rock. If you want to participate there will be a small fee, and bring your own bucket to form the rock in.

If you don't want to make rock, just come and hang out with us fish geeks.

Oh, also there are sometimes frag swap/sales that go on. If you have something to trade post it up. If you have something for sale, post it up. If you want to buy something, post it up...

Looking forward to you coming again.

dsoz

Are you going to provide "near beer"

Sorry, I don't drink (family history of alcoholism). I will leave the adult beverages to someone who knows what they are talking about. :) I am all for a good mug of rootbeer. :)

If you want to trade, or buy something from me I would be down with that too. I still have 30-40 heads of frogspawn/hammer that I am trying to get rid of.

dsoz

Is "near beer" the stuff that is like beer, but non-alcoholic? I had forgotten about that stuff. I still think that it is not for me. I think that beer (except rootbeer) tastes like the urine of a goat (don't ask). Everyone is entitled to their oppinion.

dsoz

Is "near beer" the stuff that is like beer, but non-alcoholic? I had forgotten about that stuff. I still think that it is not for me. I think that beer (except rootbeer) tastes like the urine of a goat (don't ask). Everyone is entitled to their oppinion.

dsoz

HOOOO to TELL(laugh)