Sweet!!!!

Guest Ahbrit

Im no longer a rep for Apple but I can still tell you about it. What do you want to know? That is a sweet little machine especially with the intel processor and the new front row program. It would be nice to put this in your front room or hook it up to a big monitor, to watch your movies, see pics and listen to music. Im gettin tivo to do this though. :)

Not to mention the size...it is rediculously small. All you need is a leftover mouse, keyboard and mouse.

Guest Ahbrit

i prefer PC's over Mac's anyday. I have owned both

MAC is so good at highend application software. For MS Office, it downright sucked, it had serious problems with visual basic and was slow with excel.

This would be an excellent options for the Home theatre system. Perfect for both movies and music...I could also use the internet on my TV

I have one concern though-->> What will happen when i convert the signal from DVI to Component (Will i lose HD?). Then what will the picture be like expanded to 65" widescreen. What's the soundquality through the optical connection?

I really like both. :)

Have you used a mac recently. I feel that the newest version of Office for Mac gives the PC version a serious run for the money. Also, your list of troubles should be taken care of with the intel based processors.

No idea on the conversion...I dont/didnt get paid enough to learn that stuff. Not to mention the intended use of the mini is not for home theatre...not saying it cannot be done. Try google, see what you can come up with.

Have you all seen the MacBook Pro? Now that is the computer I would be purchasing if I was financially able.

miles are you saying people can buy enclosures that small and cram all that stuff into it? Please provide me with a link. :)

Forgot to mention that apples will now be able to run Windows... for those of you on the Dark Side.

Well there are many places that sell these mini enclosures. If you are into DIY like me, you have so many other options. Basically any plastic box can be a PC enclosure. But here are some links for ya

http://www.mini-itx.com - lots here

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=177654&source=shopzilla

http://www.iboxpc.com/shopping/home.php

There are probably at least a thousand others.

Guest Ahbrit

heres a basic cost if you had too buy new

Case ($100) that little box isnt going going to be cheap

Processor ($150) AMD64 3200

memory ($30)

Soundcard ($0) might be on the board

Hardrive ($120) gotta have space for movies

CD/DVD ($30)

Graphics Card ($200)

Power Supply ($30)

Total cost for a (censored) system = $660

Well you can make that price come down quite a bit. You can get a lesser processor for about half that price and overclock it if you need more speed out of it. Hardrives are 20 bucks now, i just got a Maxtor 120gig for $20 after rebates. Thats 175 off the price on just those 2 things.

Most of us have CD/DVD drives around. Those cases can be had for 50 bucks.

Still you can have a nice, small, compact, fast system for under 500.