Car Thread!! post your cars

jason7504

Here is a link to some on ebay mind you they are not for bigblock chevy. The company used to make them for both big and small chevy. I used to have a set for my drag car to show off the harland sharpe rocker arms and girdles. They were cool but the engine had to be sitting for a while to see through them. They eventually warped really bad. So I cut out the tops and used them to set the valve lash.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/clear-view-valve-covers-/230246522516?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item359bc31e94

oh wow I didn't know they made those. they are kinda cool, might have to get some to try when they make them for big blocks. got any pics of your drag car? :D

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been toying with clear valve covers since the 70's. I just ran across this thread while at work will be posting pictures of my cars later tonight when I get home here is a quick rundown.

1964 Skylark drag car 327,powerglide,12bolt posi, full cage, full aluminum interior... and much more(FORSALE TOO)

1972 Gmc Longbed 350, turbo 350, 12 bolt posi, Bagged on custom suspension(Work In progress)

1970 Chevy 4x4 Project/maybe part truck

1974 Chevy 4x4 350, turbo 400, 6 inch lift, big hub 44 front locked, 14 bolt rear locked

2002 Honda Shadow 863(big bore) custom exhaust, custom paint work

Those are all my toys. My roomate has some toys too. Plus all the street cars. I am a gear head tried and true. I collect cars like people collect tanks. Well I manage to collect alot of tanks too.

They have been toying with clear valve covers since the 70's. I just ran across this thread while at work will be posting pictures of my cars later tonight when I get home here is a quick rundown.

1964 Skylark drag car 327,powerglide,12bolt posi, full cage, full aluminum interior... and much more(FORSALE TOO)

1972 Gmc Longbed 350, turbo 350, 12 bolt posi, Bagged on custom suspension(Work In progress)

1970 Chevy 4x4 Project/maybe part truck

1974 Chevy 4x4 350, turbo 400, 6 inch lift, big hub 44 front locked, 14 bolt rear locked

2002 Honda Shadow 863(big bore) custom exhaust, custom paint work

Those are all my toys. My roomate has some toys too. Plus all the street cars. I am a gear head tried and true. I collect cars like people collect tanks. Well I manage to collect alot of tanks too.

that's awesome! can't wait to see some pics..why are you selling your skylark? gonna build another drag car? oh and whats your best 1/4mile time?

must have a nice sized garage for all those toys :) yeah i love cars! The main reason i broke down my tank was to have the funds to work on my car like I wanted too. Wish i just kept it but thats hindsight for ya lol..But I love tanks and will go back soon

Only have a two car garage so alot of shuffling for me. But I make it work. Selling the drag car to fund the 72 gmc truck project(and as you can tell I need space). The whole waiting in line to race for less that 12 seconds got old. Now I want another show car. The best the skylark ran was 11.28@108.6 mph. That was before it was switched to the glide. It used to be a 4 speed car. With the glide it is deadly consistant between 11.80-12.10. Just depends on track temp and corrected air density.

Only have a two car garage so alot of shuffling for me. But I make it work. Selling the drag car to fund the 72 gmc truck project(and as you can tell I need space). The whole waiting in line to race for less that 12 seconds got old. Now I want another show car. The best the skylark ran was 11.28@108.6 mph. That was before it was switched to the glide. It used to be a 4 speed car. With the glide it is deadly consistant between 11.80-12.10. Just depends on track temp and corrected air density.

oh well that's cool. i'd love a big garage but mine's small. wow 11.28 is a good time. I'm hoping for atleast mid 11's. but mines not a pure drag car, it's mostly a street car that i will drag race and take to track days for fun

loving that bike and truck :)

Ok, here goes...

Here's the 1962 Mini that I restored in my teenage years. Sadly, I no longer have it, but some day I will have another classic Mini. It was crazy fast and drove like it was on rails. It was my daily driver for 3 or 4 years.

Mini.jpg

For the past 16 years, I've been a professional Swedish car technician with Saabs being my main focus, but with Volvo also comprising a large part of what I do.

This was my hot-rod Volvo 740 turbo. It had just about every imaginable performance modification you could get at the time... which was fairly extensive. I modified a Saab knock sensitive boost pressure controller to work with the Volvo's turbocharger. It had a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, performance cam and adjustable cam gear, big bore throttle body, 3" exhaust from turbo to tail including jet-hot coated header pipe. Transmission modified with a 2400 stall torque converter for a faster turbo spool-up. Poly bushings, Bilsteins, lowered, etc, etc, etc...

volvo.jpg

Which brings me to my current hot-rod. A 2002 Saab 9-3. It came from the factory with 205 hp, and we did some custom software modifications to bring it up to around 230-240 hp. I've done some extensive suspension modifications to help control the torque steer from the massive torque to the front wheels. It's fun to drive, but a real handful. I really can't see putting any more power into a front wheel drive, so I've laid off the tweaking at this point, and I'd rather spend the money on my reef tanks!

CF9C1C2D.jpg

As I mentioned, I am a car person. I fix Swedish cars for a living. I am ASE Master Tech certified and also have my L1 Advanced level certification. I graduated from PCC with my Associate degree in Automotive Service Technology. Feel free to hit me up with car questions, but keep in mind that my specialty is in Volvos and Saabs. I'm always willing to give my opinion on things, and do have a lot of general knowledge.

Prior to fixing Swedish cars, I did British car restoration work and have owned a 1962 Mini, a 1960 Bugeye Sprite, a 1967 MGB-GT, and a Rover TC-2000 sedan.

Cheers!

John

Yes. In fact, they went into bankruptcy liquidation. Which doesn't necessarily mean they're dead just yet. There are a number of large automakers interested in acquiring parts of the company. Time will tell. Not many of us in the Saab field hold out much hope, but it's not a done deal yet. It's too bad that GM ever got their grubby hands on Saab in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a nice snow shot of my element. I love these cars. Good price, reliable, comfortable, safe. Ours is all wheel drive and does really well in snow (not this stuff but the pass in winter with no chains).

It is also one of my primary maintenance vehicles. I love the non carpeted interior and i have had it loaded to the max with 5 gallon buckets of water and you can hardly notice

utf-8BNDAyMDAyXzIwODg5NTU1OTIwNDU3OF8xMDAwMDI1MjQwNzM3MTNfNDE2MjIwXzEyOTY1NTA0MDlfbi5qcGc.jpg

Well, up until about a year ago, I had a 98 Jag XJ8... But the transmission went out and it would have been $5K to fix, so had to let her go... (cry)

Now I drive a 2004 Buick LeSabre - glacier blue - very non-descript, very grandpa-ish...

We also have a 2004 Dodge Ram

250903_1735991159454_1228843029_31437002_438649_n.jpg

385531_2462560803241_1228843029_31923121_1798285128_n.jpg

However, hubby and I are restoring a 67 Bronco - haven't gotten very far yet but here's a link to what we've done so far...

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/jozeenotslar/67%20Bronco%20rebuild/

Here is my project. 1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

I took it back to its original color Iberian Red. The wiring was a rats nest. Lots of lampcord. Interior is almost redone. Just a little more welding and then I can install the carpet.

Jay

A horse of course

I added another horse to the stable. I didn't need another car, but didn't need the quad that I had either. Former owner was the second owner and approached me with a trade. Started restoration 8 months ago, have no idea if I'm going to drive it daily, park it for weekends or sell it. Here is the 1955 low milage chevy 210 wagon. Added HEI ignition, split the manifold and running duals, repaired/replaced several panels due to rust, went through the mechanical systems and tossed a ton of new glass,chrome,stainless,tires and by Feb 1st will have all new uphoulstry.

55wag3.jpg

to this.

IMG_20120113_162457.jpg

IMG_20120113_162448.jpg

IMG_20120116_120620.jpg

2010 Dodge Challenger V6

Full CAI

Ported TB

Ported and polished lower intake manifold

Full Long tube headers with hi-flo cats

Full Corsa Exhaust

Lowered 2.5" on Eibach Sportlines with Eibach shocks

Eibach tie bars

3.93 rear end

Custom Tune

modified tranny tune

20x8.5 in front and 20x10 in the rear, American Racing Boss 338's

Super Charger, heads and cams sitting in my closet waiting for summer time...will be a low 12 sec for under 26k (that includes mods and car, I got a crazy deal on the car).

bperron_chally3of3.jpg

bperron_chally2of3.jpg

bperron_chally1of3.jpg

still need to do a real photoshoot...these were just snapped on some property when I was shooting a wedding...

• 7 months later...