Car Thread!! post your cars

jason7504

ya 9's 1/8. Maybe in the 8's now. I have done things to my car but got out of racing in favor of a life' date=' a good job, a wife, and some other hobbies. I used to be sponsored and raced ALOT. It was pretty much all I did. What tranny do you have now?[/quote']

oh wow nice! my goal is a 1/4 mi time in the 10's or 11's..i just have the stock 350 turbo..i want a 700R4 with OD..

i guess currie only makes ford 9" rear ends..isn't moser just as good?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think moser would be fine. they are all competitive. To make a car go tens or elevens you will need alot more motor I think and some stout gears like 4:11 or 4:56, a roll cage, fire protection, and a long list of other things. I would say with the set up you are talking(425 hp) you will probably see 13's. Hard to say for sure. All depends on how far you go with it. The turbo 350 would be fine for your set up if its freshened up and has a nice shift kit.

I think moser would be fine. they are all competitive. To make a car go tens or elevens you will need alot more motor I think and some stout gears like 4:11 or 4:56' date=' a roll cage, fire protection, and a long list of other things. I would say with the set up you are talking(425 hp) you will probably see 13's. Hard to say for sure. All depends on how far you go with it. The turbo 350 would be fine for your set up if its freshened up and has a nice shift kit.[/quote']

ok well i guess 13's aren't bad either..i dont wanna go too far because its my daily driver too..but a bad a$$ one (naughty) lol...yeah but i kind of want the OD so i can conserve on the little gas mileage that i will get lol

A friend of mine has an od on his 69 camaro with 3:73 gears and it is just fine one the street. I also have a friend with a twin turbo 55 chevy that runs 8's' date=' is street legal, and see's alot of driving time. Thats a bad A$$ chevy![/quote']

oh wow i bet that 55 chevy is bad a$$..got any pics of it?

I drive a silver Accord and a gold Chevy minivan. I couldn't be more boring if I tried.

Oh I don't know, I might give you a run for your money. 1987 Mitsubishi Montero, and my wife sports a Blue Mini Van.

those are some sweet stangs! nice work :)

did you do anything with the tranny and rear end?

Thanks for the props.

The rear end on the 67 was a stock traction-loc the 66 was stock open. Both cars had C4 automatics with B&M shift kits. Whoever owned the 66 before me did something amazing to the suspension. That car handled better than any car I've owned before or since. It took corners at just about any speed I wanted and never let go.

finch and steelhead - verrrry nice! I love that fastback '67! (drooler)

The 67 was my favorite car of all time. It was actually owned by a little ol' lady who only drove it on Sundays. The car was 100% stock when I bought it. It absolutely broke my heart to sell that car. I actually shed a tear when it left my driveway. :(

Thanks for the props.

The rear end on the 67 was a stock traction-loc the 66 was stock open. Both cars had C4 automatics with B&M shift kits. Whoever owned the 66 before me did something amazing to the suspension. That car handled better than any car I've owned before or since. It took corners at just about any speed I wanted and never let go.

do you know what they did to the suspension? nice! those are nice :D

The 67 was my favorite car of all time. It was actually owned by a little ol' lady who only drove it on Sundays. The car was 100% stock when I bought it. It absolutely broke my heart to sell that car. I actually shed a tear when it left my driveway. :(

oh why did you sell it?

do you know what they did to the suspension?

Nice thread Jason (rock2) unfortunatly when I had my car '66 factory red mustang fastback we didnt have digital cameras or computers (laugh)...I miss that car

lol yeah too bad they didnt have digital cameras back then so i could see another sweet stang lol

thanks! there's nothing better than reef tanks and fast cars!! i love it (rock2) (naughty)

oh why did you sell it?

do you know what they did to the suspension?

Financially, I could not justify having this car as toy. It was too nice for a daily driver. I paid $8000 for it, rebuilt the engine, won a bunch of car show trophies and had fun with it for about a year and a half then sold it for $20K. As I said, it broke my heart. Oh well.

As for the suspension on the 66 GT, they did the Shelby lowering, (repositioned A frames etc.) added a very thick anti-sway bar in front, and a pretty stout one in the rear, KYB's on all four corners and I'm not sure what all else. It was a dream to drive.

I just sold my 96 Cobra a month or so ago, so I'm 'stang-less at the moment. But right now, both of my boys have Mustangs. My oldest has a 99 Cobra, VERY nice car. Mongo engine in that thing. My youngest has a 2000 V6. So I can still drive a 'Stang anytime I want (almost).

Here is my 88 sammy! I also have an 09 Mazdaspeed3 pearl white, ill get some pics of it later, its all stock but tinted windows. Oh almost forgot my 92 honda accord work car. Its pretty sweet the purple window tint that is falling off and all!

IMG00037-20090206-1644.jpg

Dude, my roll-over-mobile could crush your roll-over-mobile

4x4yugo.jpg

This is my speed3 Its a pretty cool car. About 270hp stock.

speed.jpg

Nice! I really like the Speed3s but was bummed that they didn't use the AWD system they had on the Speed6 - I almost got one of those but ended up with the S4 Avant (used) instead. The pearl white is sweet!

Yeah i was bummed also! They have the stuff to do it but they cheaped out i guess?

It still handles pretty good, has alot of wheel hop if you try and smoke the tires though!

The s4 is a sweet car! what kinda milage do get?

I get around 19-20 in town (no hwy) and 29-34 on the hwy depending on conditions. It's not supposed to be that good but since I put in new O2 sensors and did the APR upgrade it has been great!