Car Thread!! post your cars

jason7504

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i have two of them

A 1970 mercury cougar xr7 sporting a 425 cobra jet engine, pumping out 450 hp :) when i fire this bad boy up car alarms go off for a block down the street

QUOTE]

That Cougar is sweet Roy! (drooler)(drooler). As for setting off car alarms... I actually used to do that all the time with my TR6! That thing had the sweetest exhaust note I have ever heard... I miss that car (sad)

My 68 impala drag car. I have won several national events as well as placing

1st in the points in 2006 Portland international Raceway Summit racing series. The fallowing year I placed third. I love this car

[ATTACH]4856[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4857[/ATTACH]

This car has way to many goodies to even list

post-5798-141867745377_thumb.jpg

post-5798-141867745379_thumb.jpg

1st in the points in 2006 Portland international Raceway Summit racing series. The fallowing year I placed third. I love this car

[ATTACH]4856[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4857[/ATTACH]

Holy crap that's nice! The front is off the ground like a the Grand National in F&F!

You must be part of the STI/EVO clan... Lol. How do you like the re-desight of the body?

Yes sir! The new body is not as aggressive as I'd like. I kind of like the boy racer looks of the previous car. I love the fenders and the stance. I know you BMW guys knock it for its look ;-). It's leagues above the old car in refinement. I can actually hear my passengers and the ride is comfortable. There's a little more body roll than the previous car... but when it hits the twisties, the overall handling is much better. It actually works as a daily driver, although it's hard for me to keep my foot out of the gas pedal. sub 5 sec 0-60's for everyone!

thats a sweet car! what kind of engine does it have? r u running 6.00+ gears?

327 30 over, turbo 400 manual shift automatic, 3:73 gears still able to be used on the street. (jason not sure about the 6.00+ but I dont know anyone that runs more that 4:56) Eaton posi rear. Engine has edelbrock Hi Rise intake, Holly carb, Comp cams magnum cam, Hooker Headers, Accel/morosso ign, electric water pump and fans and a whole lot more.

327 30 over' date=' turbo 400 manual shift automatic, 3:73 gears still able to be used on the street. (jason not sure about the 6.00+ but I dont know anyone that runs more that 4:56) Eaton posi rear. Engine has edelbrock Hi Rise intake, Holly carb, Comp cams magnum cam, Hooker Headers, Accel/morosso ign, electric water pump and fans and a whole lot more.[/quote']

sweet! yeah i was just wondering because your a drag racer and that was the lowest gears ive seen lol..that would be insane if somebody used them lol..yeah i was thinking about 3.73 gears for mine but it will be a daily driver so my 383 will be bad enough on gas lol..so im going with 3.53..im getting a posi rear too and i need to get some new headers, thinking about going with the hooker super comp headers in ceramic coating

Hooker super comps are nice. but a lot of money wasted if you wont be using them to the fullest potential. get the comp version. Alot cheaper and they are fine for a performance street car. the super comps would maybe even have too large a primary. For you engine go with a header that hase 1 5/8'' primary tubes. I may be wrong but the super comps might have 2'' primary. And stay away from 3'' exhaust if you redo it. Go 2 and a half. Much better if you have less than 500 horse

Hooker super comps are nice. but a lot of money wasted if you wont be using them to the fullest potential. get the comp version. Alot cheaper and they are fine for a performance street car. the super comps would maybe even have too large a primary. For you engine go with a header that hase 1 5/8'' primary tubes. I may be wrong but the super comps might have 2'' primary. And stay away from 3'' exhaust if you redo it. Go 2 and a half. Much better if you have less than 500 horse

ok i will probably get the comp headers because yeah your right..more money that needed..well i have flowmaster exhausts right now..i will only have 450 HP and TQ..should i get a ford 9" rear or gm 12 bolt? i know theres pros and cons but i heard the ford is stronger and with 450 TQ it will need to be strong.

oh and by the way how much HP and TQ does your impala have?

I do not know how much HP and torque. Somewhere in the 400's at least. I have a 12 bolt and I know that it will stand up to anything I throw at it. The 9'' is nice. I think rear end and gears will cost more for the ford rear end. Plus the trouble of putting it in. I would probably go with the 12 bolt. Kind of a matter of opinion I think. If you want to save money on headers Summit racing makes a set that is under $100 and I have heard good about it. Flowmaster is nice. I had them on my car but I run open headers now.

I do not know how much HP and torque. Somewhere in the 400's at least. I have a 12 bolt and I know that it will stand up to anything I throw at it. The 9'' is nice. I think rear end and gears will cost more for the ford rear end. Plus the trouble of putting it in. I would probably go with the 12 bolt. Kind of a matter of opinion I think. If you want to save money on headers Summit racing makes a set that is under $100 and I have heard good about it. Flowmaster is nice. I had them on my car but I run open headers now.

what size engine is it?(cant remember if i already asked) you can buy ford rear ends that are made for camaros by currie..im not sure which one but i dont want to pay more than i have to for a rear end..its like 2000 for a complete GM 12 bolt rear end..WOW under 100? (naughty) thats crazy..

did you put the tranny and rear end yourself?

I have a 327 bored 30 over. I think it comes out to a 333? I cant really tell you which way to go on the rear end. I know that the Currie is a bullet proof set up. As I said, matter of opinion and the size of your wallet is.

I didn't do the rear or tranny. Tranny WAS original until it grenaded and I had it rebuilt into a drag tranny with a 3000 rpm stall.

I have a 327 bored 30 over. I think it comes out to a 333? I cant really tell you which way to go on the rear end. I know that the Currie is a bullet proof set up. As I said, matter of opinion and the size of your wallet is.

I didn't do the rear or tranny. Tranny WAS original until it grenaded and I had it rebuilt into a drag tranny with a 3000 rpm stall.

whats your best 1/4 mi time? hmm i'll probably just go with the 12 bolt so that i dont have to replace my brakes yet..thats good to know that the currie is a very strong set up :D how much do you think it costs to have the rear end and tranny put in?

Not sure on installation. My car had it when I bought it. All I did was have the one tire fire changed for a posi with good gears and a friend of a friend of a guys aquaintence? did it for me. I dont even know his name or number but it was CHEAP. and the tranny was a similar situation. Dont race 1/4 mile. I race 1/8 mile. somethin like 13's in a quarter maybe? I run nines