September 11

180Brandy

Wife was up. She was waiking me up. Heard it on the radio first. then TV. It was very difficult to watch, to beleave, the be sad and so angry at the same time. To feel so helpless. To see such pain. To see it again last night, and todays news. It is very difficult to see. It brings the tears back. It keeps the prayers going. Have not seen movie. Don't plan on it. Have seen more than I would have ever liked to from the real films taken there at the time. I cannot contribute to a films profit, in this case, when so many are still in such need, from then , till now, and in the future,from such a tragic day.

I was working nights at the time and a friend called me and woke me up. I didnt think I was really awake when i first saw it. One thing about it though it was amazing how this country came together for a short while after this. Later Ryan

Me and my wife (girlfriend at the time) were woken up by a friend of mine with the news. We were going on our first over night trip together, (to the coast). Just woke up and sat there watching TV for seemed like forever and not sure if we should still go on the trip.

Time sure seems to go by quickly in some aspects 'cuz it sure doesn't seem like 5 years ago.

Its funny how the tact of such things was to pull the country apart and make us... Weak. The intentions that is.

Amazing how what don't kill you will only make you stronger.

I for one went straight home and just had to appreciate my son and pregnant wife. Then try and figure out why somone would do such things, that in itself is an impossible feat.

I was puttering around at home and turned on the tv when my husband called.

We tend to not turn on the tv or radio unless we want to watch something specific, so he didn't hear about until he got to work.

My parents also called a little later from Germany.

It was so unreal, like a disaster movie, until it sank in that this was really happening.

We had a hard time thinking of a way to explain all this to our 9 year old daughter, and weren't sure if the teachers would bring it up at school already or not.

They hadn't, but the kids all knew something terrible had happened from their teachers' unusual

behavior.