COMCAST SUCKS!

spectra

I am sure everybody somewhere sometime has had a bad dealing with one of the 'big 3' companies for TV.

But the thing about Comcast is that for almost 2 years now.........

QUOTE- They have been in negotiation to get Comcast Sports Net to, (Dish and Direct TVs), and there is nothing to show any progress!- UNQUOTE

I just don't understand?!?!?!?!

They can make money by selling the signal, right? But why are they asking such a high amount? I have heard a Dish/Direct TV subscriber would have to pay $7-10 extra per month just for one channel!!!!!!

Come on man!, it isn't a PayPerVeiw channel! It is all local sports!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure everybody somewhere sometime has had a bad dealing with one of the 'big 3' companies for TV.

But the thing about Comcast is that for almost 2 years now.........

QUOTE- They have been in negotiation to get Comcast Sports Net to, (Dish and Direct TVs), and there is nothing to show any progress!- UNQUOTE

I just don't understand?!?!?!?!

They can make money by selling the signal, right? But why are they asking such a high amount? I have heard a Dish/Direct TV subscriber would have to pay $7-10 extra per month just for one channel!!!!!!

Come on man!, it isn't a PayPerVeiw channel! It is all local sports!!

A Comcast interview on Conzano last year said it was in the same pricing structure as Comcast in Sacramento covering the kings, he said he couldn't say the price as things were in negotiations, but the price was similar to Cali rates at about $1.65 per subscriber. The issue is they charge for every active signal in the area, they can't charge just for individual subscribers to the channel, so the dish companies have to decide if enough people in he service area are willing to see their rates go up to cover it, or if the watching percentage is too low, and not enough people would be on board.

I love the blazing comcast internet. I only pay for a med speed connection but my speeds at http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ like tripple the speed that I pay for.....cant figure that one out. They offered me to upgrade my modem because the battery has a problem but I dont want to lose me kick but speed so I keep the old cable modem. Its always on and in the 4 years Ive had it it has been down twice. I dropped their 40 dollar a month telephone service and got a MagicJack at 20 bucks a year and havent looked back. I actually save 40 a month without their comcast phone. I do other things for my tv. Download torrents and have rabbit ears and other ways to watch tv.I do have a basic sub for comcast tv but its only the bare minimum with 30 channels and 1/4 are chrictian programming and 1/4 infomershals. I refuse to pay for expensive TV. Just dont watch it that much.

Jay

MagicJack is not for everyone. Your computer has to be on all the time and you have to tweek the usb ports so they dont snooze but if you can handle that its killer. I get the voice messages as wav files in a email and has caller id and free long distance. When I do talk on the phone it is clear without echos or static as long as I am not downloading at 800 k at the time.

• 1 month later...

We currently have Comcast internet and tv, but where we are moving today just outside of Sherwood they do not have service. Clear does not cover this area either (Zip 97140). It looks like tomorrow I will be without internet service until something is available.:( Any suggestions?

We currently have Comcast internet and tv' date=' but where we are moving today just outside of Sherwood they do not have service. Clear does not cover this area either (Zip 97140). It looks like tomorrow I will be without internet service until something is available.:( Any suggestions?[/quote']

Check qwest dsl. They provide slowish broadband to my sister in Hockenson when cable cant reach her.

Jay

I love em, I called & added phone to my service & by adding a third service it lowered my bill to the point that I'm getting the phone service for about $5.00 a month(vs $37.50 from qwest)Plus the dude tossed in a free HD converter box & free HBO for 3 months.

I can't seem to stop getting frustrated with their equipment. We have had our DVR replaced several times. Mostly due to it not recording what it is supposed to. Or we get choppy signals and the sound will keep cutting out. This one that I am calling on tomorrow is showing the HD channels worse then the regular one's.

My honest to god opinion is like this. They are doing great out here because they have very little competition. Verizon and ATT that's pretty much it. With lame competition you don't need to do much to beat them. Now compare Comcast to say Cox in Las Vegas....there is no competition. Hardware is better, On Demand is better, I guess that revolves around the programming. But anyway, it is what it is.

I had Comcast TV and Internet service and loved it too. I wish it was available to us now living between Sherwood and Newberg!

Right now, I am having to use Netzero dialup, which seems slower now at $14.95 a month, than when it was free in 1998.