COMCAST SUCKS!

spectra

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My issue with comcast stems from experience with other cable providers. Cox, for instance in LV is hand over fist better than comcast. The DVR boxes are better, the programming better, the on demand list is WAY more up to date on shows and events. Just better. These guys are over priced and jip you on programming, hardware, and service.JMO. Not to mention the downright retardation I heard in the way of recommendations from their "tech support".

consider the pm here. We are serious. You think I am upset? You should talk to my wife. Last time I talked to comcast I was furious. By the end of the conversation they asked me what I felt they could do to make their service better and I responded with use someone else like direct TV, or just go out of business. Oddly, they didn't like my idea's very much.(scratch)

I can definately say that Blain had a really bad experience that doesn't happen very often. For that my friend I appologize lol. I wish I had complete control of this bureaucracy. Well maybe not lol.

As far as the speed thing goes, it really does have a ton to do with where you live. Some areas have speeds that really aren't competative and not a great option for people who like to stream alot of video or download a bunch. Other areas have literally the fasted thing around here available. One of my friends has the 20mb fiber service from us and I have never seen faster internet. Seriously it runs at 20mb constanty. My parents have the 7mb option and I sometimes go to there house to download because my comcast(given I live in an apartment and comcast is a shared interface) doesn't usually go above 2.5mb downloading.

Anywho for those who have had bad experiences with Qwest, I have definately heard my share and appologize. I bet now with the new policies in place(customer centric mumbo jumbo) you all would have had a different experience. That is my hope anyway lol. After all we are a communications company.

:)

Garrett

I was actually hoping to try out the Verizon fiber optic bundle but it apparently isn't available where we are nor will they give any indication of when it might be! I am beginning to think all of these companies are pretty bad when it comes right down to it. It's kind of like "pick your poison!". I will' date=' however, say that I never had any serious complaints about my Direct TV service - especially compared to cable - but that is about it.[/quote']

Verizon in Oregon has been sold to a company called Frontier....

I can definately say that Blain had a really bad experience that doesn't happen very often. For that my friend I appologize lol. I wish I had complete control of this bureaucracy. Well maybe not lol.

As far as the speed thing goes, it really does have a ton to do with where you live. Some areas have speeds that really aren't competative and not a great option for people who like to stream alot of video or download a bunch. Other areas have literally the fasted thing around here available. One of my friends has the 20mb fiber service from us and I have never seen faster internet. Seriously it runs at 20mb constanty. My parents have the 7mb option and I sometimes go to there house to download because my comcast(given I live in an apartment and comcast is a shared interface) doesn't usually go above 2.5mb downloading.

Anywho for those who have had bad experiences with Qwest, I have definately heard my share and appologize. I bet now with the new policies in place(customer centric mumbo jumbo) you all would have had a different experience. That is my hope anyway lol. After all we are a communications company.

:)

Garrett

I get about 20mb consistently...very fast. I have the speed tier at work for testing and it is insane (50).

I was fairly disappointed that as a 6 year customer of Comcast that when I called to change my plan (I can't afford the $260 a month right now) they were most unhelpful. They apologized and told me it was "to bad" but were unable to provide a real reason why they were offering a better deal to someone who hadn't been a loyal customer for the last 6 years. I was not on a contract plan. So when I moved I switched.

When I called to cancel, then they were willing to work with me, but I had already found someone else. Maybe if they would have been more helpful at the initial call I would still be a customer for all my needs.

I now get more channels, my internet isn't advertised as fast, but I have noticed no difference, and the customer service with Verizon is stellar! When I set up with Comcast the first time it took three weeks, they got faster when I moved up to Beaverton, with Verizon my package was at my door the day I moved in, and phone tech guy really was amazing logging onto my computer, sorting out my network, setting up my wireless router, signing onto my laptop to set that up and also installing virus software for me. Comcast would not even help me setup my wireless router, even though I was paying for the service call.

Oh, I save about a $120 a month too over Comcast.

JME

They apologized and told me it was "to bad" but were unable to provide a real reason why they were offering a better deal to someone who hadn't been a loyal customer for the last 6 years. I was not on a contract plan.

This is exactly my thought about comcast, they care about the new customer and forget all about the loyalty customers (they straight up to say "sorry you are screw).

The thing I really like about comcast is that when I call their customer service, my call isnt pushed around the entire country of India before I speak to someone that can understand me. Good job Comcast!

Dennis

Nope, they do one better. If you ask to talk to their supervisor because their reply wasn't satisfactory to you then they first tell you they are not available and then if you insist they simply hang up on you. (I've had this happen on 2 or 3 occasions)

I was fairly disappointed that as a 6 year customer of Comcast that when I called to change my plan (I can't afford the $260 a month right now) they were most unhelpful. They apologized and told me it was "to bad" but were unable to provide a real reason why they were offering a better deal to someone who hadn't been a loyal customer for the last 6 years. I was not on a contract plan. So when I moved I switched.

When I called to cancel, then they were willing to work with me, but I had already found someone else. Maybe if they would have been more helpful at the initial call I would still be a customer for all my needs.

I now get more channels, my internet isn't advertised as fast, but I have noticed no difference, and the customer service with Verizon is stellar! When I set up with Comcast the first time it took three weeks, they got faster when I moved up to Beaverton, with Verizon my package was at my door the day I moved in, and phone tech guy really was amazing logging onto my computer, sorting out my network, setting up my wireless router, signing onto my laptop to set that up and also installing virus software for me. Comcast would not even help me setup my wireless router, even though I was paying for the service call.

Oh, I save about a $120 a month too over Comcast.

JME

$120 a month? Sold. Do you have a rep?

Nope' date=' they do one better. If you ask to talk to their supervisor because their reply wasn't satisfactory to you then they first tell you they are not available and then if you insist they simply hang up on you. (I've had this happen on 2 or 3 occasions)[/quote']

+ like 50 on that one. I get hung up on or some incompetent retard everytime I ask for supervisor. But when I get pissed and say I want to cancel, poof...supervisor to the rescue. We currently have had the previous 3 months free and the next 3 as well. All in an attempt to keep me, and you know what....when the next 3 are done so are we.(clap)

The thing I really like about comcast is that when I call their customer service, my call isnt pushed around the entire country of India before I speak to someone that can understand me. Good job Comcast!

Dennis

The customer serivice dude that helped me out was in the Philliines. I only found out because he commented on the fish on the wall paper of my computer.

Why prejudice against Indians? I care more about results then ethnicity.

$120 a month? Sold. Do you have a rep?

05-30-2009 09:26 AM

$120 a month was my savings. Got the bill today there was $13 in undisclosed fees, so my savings is down to $107 a month. Comcast also has similar undisclosed fees. I have no rep, that is not even a special.

I'm not hating on Comcast, but at some point it is about what service for what price. I find others to have better service, at a better price. If there service was better, they would be worth the extra money to me. I hate dealing with problems, I have to much else going on right now.

JMO

in the end i have to have the speed. none of the DSL guys even come close. Verison is the worst from what i hear and from my experience helping my brother with constant problem with his Qwest service i will never go there. comcast has me for the time being. nohing like fast and lways on. the price is fine for the speed. of course i could stand to pay less if possible.

If blazers is the main thing you need to see, you can get 2 season tickets and then watch all your programs on hulu for a lower annual cost than comcast cable service :)

that said, qwest screwed me a few years back, we only had a mac, their software only worked on pc's, and when i tried to cancel they hit me with a 250 dollar early term fee for a product i was physically unable to use. now i notice that their adverts say macs are a problem... shysters imho

comcast here till fios arrives in Lake O.

If blazers is the main thing you need to see, you can get 2 season tickets and then watch all your programs on hulu for a lower annual cost than comcast cable service :)

that said, qwest screwed me a few years back, we only had a mac, their software only worked on pc's, and when i tried to cancel they hit me with a 250 dollar early term fee for a product i was physically unable to use. now i notice that their adverts say macs are a problem... shysters imho

comcast here till fios arrives in Lake O.

Qwest works great with macs. I have many friends that only use mac. I am sorry to hear you had some problems. It seems that they should have gotten a good tech on the phone to help you out.

Garrett

• 4 weeks later...

So I called comcast today to talk to retention.....

I guess they really don't care about saving their customers.

They didn't even try to keep me, just straight to "so when do you want to disconnect?"

I'm done with comcast.

Long ago I was a Lead Install Technician for the Comcast west Internet department when it was AT&T, there where no major problems back then (other than the fact we could not keep up with orders), now I use QWEST down south here (garanteed price forever) and have no issues that they don't come fix. I think no matter what company your going with you will have this push / pull, they all have promo's to get you hooked, most people are lucky enough to not have to deal with customer service thankfully. I have had some interesting issues with customer service with DishNetwork and I use Direct because of it, but I honestly liked the box from dish better but I won't go back due to customer service.