COMCAST SUCKS!

spectra

Defiantely nothing against you Benny but Boo! Its slow, undependable, no option for no contract, poor service, mother company in big lawsuits over customers that can't get service and are still being charge early termination fees, and in general most who switch end up coming back to me or comcast.

lol

Dont worry garrett, I just want to throw another opinion out there.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

use less lotion.(whistle)

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh) That is too d%@# funny right there!

Mark, I'm not sure what the insdie scoop is on the pricing for CSN but my understanding from impartial observers is that Comcast is requiring distribution of the channel in the base package of any satellite provider that buys rights but is asking a per viewer price that is that of a premium (i.e. pay) channel. Needless to say, the satellite providers aren't jumping on that option. Two years into "no deal" and I have to interpret this as Comcast deliberately trying to leverage their position into trying to take market share from satellite provideres in the metro area. Which, of course, is their right but certainly fans the flames of Comcast hate. I personally will continue to watch online streams rather than cave to this pressure to switch to what in my experience is an inferrior product in every way. At least I can make that choice while all those outside Comcast's provider range continue to have no option to switch even if they wanted to. Again, completely within their rights. I really blame the blazers here since they didn't write any terms into the contract trying to ensure distribution to their fan base and simply went with the dollar signs. May have been a good short term decision but, in the long run, perhaps not a very good PR move. Besides, think of the advertising dollars they are missing out on by not even being accessible to half the state! Bet they aren't getting the big sponsor bucks from Les Schwab any more...

Anyway, sorry for the rant but I just don't accept that Comcast is asking a "fair" price in this scenario given the way it has played out. I think something similar happened in Philli with Sixers broadcast rights and was never resolved so the writting was pretty much on the wall as soon as this deal was inked. Again - everyone acting within their rights, just not with much honor me thinks.

Dont worry garrett' date=' I just want to throw another opinion out there.[/quote']

Benny,

Wimax is really a good option for alot of people. I just love to bash on the competition. Keeps the job fun and without options I wouldn't have customers to steal!

Plus WIMAX really is a cool technology. Has a long way to go and will always have its downsides but is still way cool.

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh) That is too d%@# funny right there!

Mark, I'm not sure what the insdie scoop is on the pricing for CSN but my understanding from impartial observers is that Comcast is requiring distribution of the channel in the base package of any satellite provider that buys rights but is asking a per viewer price that is that of a premium (i.e. pay) channel. Needless to say, the satellite providers aren't jumping on that option. Two years into "no deal" and I have to interpret this as Comcast deliberately trying to leverage their position into trying to take market share from satellite provideres in the metro area. Which, of course, is their right but certainly fans the flames of Comcast hate. I personally will continue to watch online streams rather than cave to this pressure to switch to what in my experience is an inferrior product in every way. At least I can make that choice while all those outside Comcast's provider range continue to have no option to switch even if they wanted to. Again, completely within their rights. I really blame the blazers here since they didn't write any terms into the contract trying to ensure distribution to their fan base and simply went with the dollar signs. May have been a good short term decision but, in the long run, perhaps not a very good PR move. Besides, think of the advertising dollars they are missing out on by not even being accessible to half the state! Bet they aren't getting the big sponsor bucks from Les Schwab any more...

Anyway, sorry for the rant but I just don't accept that Comcast is asking a "fair" price in this scenario given the way it has played out. I think something similar happened in Philli with Sixers broadcast rights and was never resolved so the writting was pretty much on the wall as soon as this deal was inked. Again - everyone acting within their rights, just not with much honor me thinks.

Qwest(me) is at your service anytime :) Just think you will be able to enjoy all of your online streaming faster than ever!

Hey Garret, I have comcast, but want to try something different. Been with them for over 4 years. They are just okay....

I just need basic internet, no phone, and just basic cable. What kind of deal can you get for me?

I like my Comcast. bundled up one price for phone, internet and every single channel they have for 160-170?? I think its a fair deal. I thought it was kinda spendy once and checked my other options and found it wasn't as spendy as I thought. I would change if I could get a better deal.

I do like that I get almost every blazer game, I don't think I would be very happy if I didn't. But then again I would pay 25.00 extra per month to get blazer games if thats what it took. I would go as far as buying the NBA pass. Give me my blazers and I am a push over

Clear channel tried to sell me some bundle at my store, Wanna talk about a joke they couldn't even hook up three phone lines for me, the guy kept saying well all you have to do is use another provider for one more phone line, [language filter](nutty).

Hey Garrett, our nice comcast deal is running out next month!

What kind of a deal can we get with qwest for basic phone, internet and TV? No two year commitments, though! We want to be able to cancel if the service sucks in our area!

When I check online, it seems the only internet option offered here is the 1.5Mbps, which is kind of lame.

Hey Garret, I have comcast, but want to try something different. Been with them for over 4 years. They are just okay....

I just need basic internet, no phone, and just basic cable. What kind of deal can you get for me?

PM me your address. We have some hot deals on standalone right now if I can get it for you at your address!

Hey Garrett, our nice comcast deal is running out next month!

What kind of a deal can we get with qwest for basic phone, internet and TV? No two year commitments, though! We want to be able to cancel if the service sucks in our area!

When I check online, it seems the only internet option offered here is the 1.5Mbps, which is kind of lame.

Send me your address and I will see what kind of service is available out there. I have some hot bundles right now with no contracts. DirecTV is who we use as our TV partner and they do have a contract, but I will toss you a price and some details anyway for you to look at.

Garrett

GO WITH WIMAX :-)

I agree. For $24 a month my service is not noticeably slower than the cable (I run a wireless network anyway so I never used the extra Comcast speeds) and it has been rock solid reliable. It also doesn't have a silly contract where the cost will double after 6 months.

Sorry Garrett but I'm a happy Wimax customer that left Comcast out of disgust and am unable to even get Quest. (Some stupid contract the previous owner had giving Comcast exclusive right to provide service here) In reality I have no opinion of Quest one way or the other but given an option I would choose Quest (unknown) over Comcast (Which I have a distaste for).

I agree. For $24 a month my service is not noticeably slower than the cable (I run a wireless network anyway so I never used the extra Comcast speeds) and it has been rock solid reliable. It also doesn't have a silly contract where the cost will double after 6 months.

Sorry Garrett but I'm a happy Wimax customer that left Comcast out of disgust and am unable to even get Quest. (Some stupid contract the previous owner had giving Comcast exclusive right to provide service here) In reality I have no opinion of Quest one way or the other but given an option I would choose Quest (unknown) over Comcast (Which I have a distaste for).

This is exactly why the other option can come in handy at times! I am glad it is working out for you with Clear. I would definately recommend giving us a shot though sometime if you have the abiltiy. I understand exclusivity contracts and believe me I wish I could burn all of them.

Where do you get clearwire without a contract for $24?

Here in Eugene they want $79 per month without contract!

Clearwire in Eugene is slower then wimax here in portland, but they are more service area. For Wimax only Portland metro city and Atlanta, GA.

Where do you get clearwire without a contract for $24?

Here in Eugene they want $79 per month without contract!

I'm only paying for their slowest service (equivelent to DSL speeds). Since my bottleneck is the Wireless N network I run here the speed works out fine. They did obviously want to sell me a faster package but even then it would only have been either $10 or $20 more depending upon which one I chose. (I still have the option to do so any time)

GO WITH WIMAX :-)

I beta tested clear and although fast, it is not as reliable as 3g at this point. :) At least out here in the 'burbs it was a bit flaky at times...meaning I could move my laptop 1 foot and lose signal at times. I have a verizon and sprint card with 3g and they are fairly rock solid. I think over the next year or so wi-max will grow into a very viable option.

I thought WiMax was the craze. I guess that is going over like hot pink stretch pants!

e365_1.JPG

You fit into those? You should wear them to the next meeting....ha ha ha ha ha!

I honestly do not know the asking price for the comcast sports network, but suffice it to say a number of smaller carriers can afford it, so I'm pretty sure the big guns (dish etc) can as well.

Comcast has done this in other markets throughout the country (this is a corporate worked deal) and once the dust settles it ends up being that MORE games are shown on TV (most all of the games this year were shown - and a number of them in hi-def). Although a bit painful at first, in the long run more games are televised and guys like me who don't go to many games still get to watch the games.

Now, if I could just get my wife and girls to WANT to watch the games life would be goood.

You fit into those? You should wear them to the next meeting....ha ha ha ha ha!

I honestly do not know the asking price for the comcast sports network, but suffice it to say a number of smaller carriers can afford it, so I'm pretty sure the big guns (dish etc) can as well.

Comcast has done this in other markets throughout the country (this is a corporate worked deal) and once the dust settles it ends up being that MORE games are shown on TV (most all of the games this year were shown - and a number of them in hi-def). Although a bit painful at first, in the long run more games are televised and guys like me who don't go to many games still get to watch the games.

Now, if I could just get my wife and girls to WANT to watch the games life would be goood.

Those are nice right? :) Yeah I hope they get it figured out. I love watching the Blazers and being in Albany I only get to a handful of games a year.

OK. I went through 2 weeks of living hell from Qwest. First last year I switch from Comcast to qwest for internet. had nothing but problems with the moden. They said it tested just fine on there end.(Of course it did). I dropped AT&T broadband VoiP. That was a huge mistake. I was nly paying $25 a month unlimited long distance and calling. NEVER had a problem with it. I couldn't beleave hoe much more I was paying for Qwest internet and phone. Long distance was an EXTRA FEE The hole damm thing cost more than comcast and At&t combined. I got duped.

I heard that they where going to offer Voip so i told them I wanted to switch. They told me that I would lose my bundle discount, that my internet would be full bore price. I wanted out but they where quick to inform me that I was under contract and they would gladly let me go for a substantial fee. When the order was put in it was another month before they got it working. BUT they turned off the home phone first!!!!! saying it would be switched over by 5pm, nothing, next day, nothing Then they said it would be another 4 days, nothing, then the next..........you get the point. after logging over 40, yes 40 hrs' of cell time and 2 weeks later they got it hooked up. Absolutely, positively nobody would help. Tech support said they could only help AFTER it was hooked up and sent me to sales, sales sent me back t teck. I spoke to 4 supervisors to a dead end.

So I am paying the same amount as you would be if you signed up today but I'm under contract and you wouldn't be.. what the f

60% of the time when I'm on the phone they can only hear me every other word AND i sound like I'm in a fish boul. Tech support says to reboot and offers no other solution. I reboot 2 to 5 times a day.

QWEST SUCKS

I also contacted for direct tv back in Feb. got quoted a price. Wrote it all down. I called back to verify the package and pricing before install. IT WAS MORE THAN DOUBLE. Needless to say we didn't get it.

We dropped dish also. We haven't watched tv in months and really don't miss it. You can watch about anything with the laptop hoked up to the TV for free! anyway. I just have to figure out how to get baseball

I was actually hoping to try out the Verizon fiber optic bundle but it apparently isn't available where we are nor will they give any indication of when it might be! I am beginning to think all of these companies are pretty bad when it comes right down to it. It's kind of like "pick your poison!". I will, however, say that I never had any serious complaints about my Direct TV service - especially compared to cable - but that is about it.

I have comcast too. I really never have problems with them, i have internet and jsut about every HD channel they offer except premiums. They just increased my monthly bill again, 2nd time in about 14months. I called to complain and they dropped it down $60 a month for 6 months and told me when that runs out call back and they will do it again since i've been such a longtime customer with a perfect payment record. Everytime my promo price runs out I call and complain and they do it again. Its great.

I love Comcast. The "fast" Qwest internet is a joke. Plus, at my house they don't even offer their DSL. I live in the middle of fricken portland for Christ's sake. Then, when we switched from Qwest to Comcast, Qwest billed us for 3 months after we had the [language filter] thing shut off. The comcast phone lines are nice and clear, and the internet is great also. Their cable signal is 10x better than Direct TV, or Dish, imo.

I have Verizon phone and internet at the shop and hate it too. I am switching to Comcast next week.

I'm glad you mentioned the Qwest thing Bob... their prices are really tempting ($20 a month vs $60 for Comcast). I was thinking about switching over, but if it sucks it's no bargain. Thanks!

I have Comcast TV & Internet.I'm real happy with them.I've had the cable go out before & just for fun called customer service & said I really don't think I should be paying for a service I'm not receiving & she said no problem & credited my bill one days service.I've never called again I just wanted to see what would happen.I had Internet problems a year or so ago & the service guys came out(5 different ones) & never charged a service call & they ended up changing everything from the pole out at the road to where it went into the house.Every time they came out it would work for a week or so then quit.They were getting REALLY frustrated! I love Comcast.

I just wanted to que in and share my agreement with the title of this thread. I hate comcast to no end and look forward to getting rid of them. We are cancelling our phone and cable with them and only keeping them for the internet for the time being. Basically until I can find something better.