WTF (want to find) ATO.

Benny503

I am looking for a decent ATO that is dependable. If you have any good source where I can get them please post here. If you have one that is laying around please contact me at 503-544-6454. If you think there is a DIY and that is work and want to work with me, please let me know. Thanks, Benny

I recently purchased this ATO system:

http://www.autotopoff.com/products/DS1/

I am still setting it up. It wasn't cheap ($60, which included shipping) but it was a lot easier then building it myself. The one you referrenced in your link does not have the back up float valve. I looked at that one first too, then decided for the extra money I would buy the insurance of having the 2nd valve. It depends what you are using it for but I am using mine to ATO my sump and for the extra couple of bucks, I decided it was a lot cheaper than pouring 30 gallons of water onto my floor in the event that the first float valve failed (which I heard happens).

As luck would have it, today When I looked at my tank it was over full. The ato fried, it got hot and bubbled up to large so the float couldn't raise into the full position so it has 5 more gallons then its supposed to in it. I will show you the part that burned up next time you stop by Benny. Sorry buddy but I now have to use my spare tunze ato. I might look into another one then it will be your for a fair price.

If I can ever get this picture thing figured out I will post pics for all to see. If I had a large top off tank it would of been a mess.

Sorry to hear that Troy' date=' I hope it didn't make a mess in your stores. Will swing by sometime.[/quote']

No mess as my ato tank is only 5 gallons and it can take the extra 5 but any more and my floor would of been wet.

I've got 2 sumps, acrylic, a saw ,these are pretty big but tools and glue we can probably make what you need. I've tried to sell them before but they have been sitting out on the side of the house for months