National Do-Not-Call Registry

JManrow

Has your evening or weekend been disrupted by a call from a telemarketer? You can register your phone number for free, and it will remain on the national do-not-call list for five years.

I was previously on the list when you remained on the old list for that was for 6 months. I just re-registered online. No telemarketing calls now till 2011 !!!

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/donotcall/

But non-profits and political groups are exempt. We donated to a cold-call from a charity and have regretted it ever since. They call and call, and don't honor requests to be put on a 'don't call' list. What's worse, they seem to have sold our number as we are getting lots of calls from other agencies.

..or just tell 'em they got the wrong number. You can say "hello" over and over and over, you can start reading bad poetry, tell them what a sexy voice they have, all kinds of fun. 'coarse my favorite line is just say "oh you didn't hear, busted - yeah heroin" works every time :)

Good stuff

James