1 year pics of 36g Bowfront

Ryan

Well, its been a year now since I started my tank up so I figure its about time I post some FTS of the tank and stand...

3531957259_788a078af7.jpg

3532773480_caa6fc9bbf.jpg

MH & Actinic:

3532772906_39a4d20a68.jpg

Iphone FTS:

3489216005_d38fa3aa48.jpg

Just Actinic:

3531957557_e2592d6230.jpg

Top down before lights came on:

3531956771_4ea5fbf994.jpg

What do you think?

Looks very nice, did any of the corals we traded grow out?. The piece of the green long polyup mushroom leather you gave me is about 4" now, I'm going to try cutting it.

What is the finish on the stand its pretty cool, never seen that before

Looks very nice, did any of the corals we traded grow out?. The piece of the green long polyup mushroom you gave me is about 4" now, I'm going to try cutting it.

What is the finish on the stand its pretty cool, never seen that before

??? I dont think I ever traded anything with you...lol (laugh) The only trading I have done is with SPS...

Thanks for the comments guy!

Hmmm.....(scratch) there was a Ryan Not "R-3" Ryan that I traded a few times....I think... but now I see "Aug 2008" it was before that. Sorry my badDOH!

Wonder what happened to "Ryan" Ryan from before...

Anyway Tank looks good, what is the wood finished with?

If you want to trade some sps I have a few

Very beautiful! Crazy how things start to fill in and start going nuts in such a short period of time. I love the nice grown out look of your tank and I think if you go with a bigger tank, you should keep this one running as it is. Its just too beautiful to tear down!

Good stuff!

Garrett

Thanks Garrett!

Unfortunately I wont have room for 2 tanks once I build my new one...

I will probably start purchasing parts for my new tank very soon!

Im planing a a rimless 40x24x21 (about 80 gallon) Starphire tank with an external overflow. Im going to use a steel tube stand with removable outside panels.

Im going to go for the Elos look on the tank/stand.

3532818084_a2da9bdae9.jpg?v=0

3532817918_407612f4ef.jpg?v=0

Garrett, I stopped by Tap today and bought 3 pieces of 4"x16" tube. I just got to get over to Julias dads to cut the flanges!

That looks awesome! I love the rimless tanks and an Elos look is always killer!

I looks like you have a very good idea of what you are wanting out of your tank and I have full confidence that it will turn out amazing.

On a side not, I just got a bunch of chemicals in this week. They will be ready to go for when the reactors are ready(no rush, still a very empty/young system). I am pretty stoked to see your new build given what you have done so far with this one!

Garrett

Beautiful tank Ryan! That is looking awesome (clap) Too bad you won't be able to keep it intact when you finish your new one... shame to break it down when it is going so well. On the other hand, the tank you have planned looks like it will be really sweet as well and I am sure you will have it looking even more impressive in no time! Well... maybe a little time ;)