Setting up my 20 Nano

R-3

After reading about Corvicas 15g Nano I want to setup my 20. Im open for suggestions on most things, but here are the basics.

I want it to be sumpless (Dead silent, no flooding, LOL)

4x24 T5 lighting setup (already own)

I need to figure out flow. Would 2 MJ1200's work? Also what skimmer? Im really leaning to a Aqua C Remora, seems to have no rival. Im just wondering how much space the skimmer box takes up.

BTW The tank will be mainly SPS. A few softies like a candycane and frogspawn.

Feel free to chime in. Later Ryan

R3 join the nano gang!

Hope this helps with some of your questions. I am probably going to switch out the MJ 1200 (295gph) for MJ 900 (230gph) because of heat issues, the 1200 are 20w each while the 900 8w. I am sitting at about 80 degrees with no lights on and just with the three maxijets going (2 for flow and 1 for the remora) and its not even summer yet. I would say go with the remora, you can pick up one for 125-150 with the overflow box over on reefcentral, just make sure DHL doesnt leave it outside. The overflow box is big, however it does have a trade off in that I am going to locate a mini tronic 50w heater, ph probe, and temp probe in the box. Would you consider a 20long and stagger the bulbs, that might be pretty cool looking.

Forgot to mention, are you going to go barebottom or sand. If you go barebottom I would say forget the fuge and just skim and do water changes. Hopefully that will get all the stuff out that would feed a fuge.

I already have they tank. I think they consider it a 20H its 24Lx12Wx16H. Yeah I saw that the MJ1200 are 20W a piece. Thats why i thought about maybe that SEIO 620, its only 8W. Yeah im gonna look for a remora, just gotta find one. Thanks Guys. Later Ryan

I've been thinking of finding a used remora myself for my 20L. Originally I thought that frequent water changes would suffice for going skimmerless. I don't know how those other people do it without a skimmer!

T5s are going to be sweet on your tank! And as for flow, I'm seriously thinking of making a "HOB" closed loop so I can get the clunky powerheads (the sweeps that stop working after a while that we used for our 72) out of the tank. It's amazing how much real estate equipment takes up in nanos!

Pictures! You'd better start a thread and post as you go so we can see how things progress!

Stacy